Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tutorial: Easy Ginseng Sash Variation

Sew Chic Pattern Co. Ginseng LN1516
Laura Nash wears Ginseng #LN1516


I like variations. I don' t know about you, but I'm not the type to buy 10 of the same T-shirt, or wear my clothes and matching accessories exactly the same way every time. Maybe that's because I can't remember how or with what I wore it! Even if I like the combination a whole lot, I still can't seem to remember. This can be a problem if I want to dress in a hurry....but on the bright side, I guess this means new ideas are always ready to spill out. So here is another spillage born out of my love for variation!






Those ties do elongate and make us look taller, but why not change it up and turn those long ties into a bow?

Here's how:


 





 Starting with the wider bottom sash, folding in thirds, fold under to meet the waist.










 Now fold the top sash in the same way.















Pinch together turning each section to opposite sides. The smaller sash moves up and outward and the larger tie turns down and toward dress center, giving it a diagonal angle. Adjust so your fingers straddle three sides with the gathering in the center.













Find your prettiest piece of jewelry with a pinning mechanism on the back and pin it all into place.















My pin does not hold all of the gathers, only bits here and there, enough to keep in tacked down and in place on the surface.















Sew Chic Pattern Co. Ginseng LN1516
Sew Chic Ginseng #LN1516
Here I look as short as I really am (no illusions to help me!), but that's okay because I like the bow and a reason to wear sparkly jewelry is never a bad thing. I can do the elongation another day! What variations can you think of for those sashes? Share with me!

Buy the pattern here: ♥
http://www.sewchicpatterns.com/ginseng.html



Have a great sewing day!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! Your message is important to me ♥