- NO COST: something free and available to everyone everywhere
- DOWNLOADABLE: Small enough to fit on a few pages
- EASY TO MAKE: something a beginner could do, so more instruction is included.
- OPEN TO CREATIVITY: Lend's itself to embellishment.
- UNIQUE: Something you won't see everyday!
- USEFUL: I love hats, and wear them often on dress up days. Many of you said you like them as well.
|THE FUNNEL HAT, FREE PDF PATTERN BY SEW CHIC|
Let the Giveaway Begin!To create some enthusiasm (Halloween is coming too!) I've decided to do a giveaway with nice gifts that included more than just patterns. This pattern is an EASY project, and can be made as simple or elaborate as you care to make it. We have decided upon 4 categories, and a prize for each. We thought it best that you should be able to choose the category based on the prize you wanted to win. There is no judging criteria, so you need not worry about that. JUST make a hat that YOU love and submit it to the category of your choice by emailing to me, and posting a photo on the Company facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/SewChicPatternCo
so I can SHARE. Winners will be determined totally and completely by public vote.
Here are the categories:
Highly whimsical – Make a hat with the quality of being playful or fanciful!
#LN103 Abby Apron pattern.
2 yds of Momentum Voile by Heather Bailey, Dot Voile in pink.
2 packages of Wrights Double Fold Bias Binding
RECIPES from the DEPRESSION ERA Cook Booklet
|HIGHLY WHIMSICAL PRIZE PACKAGE|
Most Creative – Make a hat with uniqueness and imagination!
Pieced skirt kit includes:
#LN1000 Starter Skirt pattern
Written instructions for pieced design and sewing assembly
16 oz. bottle of bubble jet to treat your fabric.
Vintage pattern CD includes:
Two print ready images you see used in this skirt
340 digital images of vintage fabrics divided by era.
13 page step by step "Beginners Guide to creating Digital Fabrics" tutorial using Adobe Photoshop.
|MOST CREATIVE PRIZE PACKAGE|
Best Craftsmanship – Make a hat of high quality in decoration and workmanship!
Valentine Slip kit in your choice of black OR white.
#LN1207 Valentine slip Pattern
Written instructions for assembly
6 ¼ yds of 1” flat lace
Pre-cut strips for ruching 2 - 2 ½ strips and 2 – 5” strips of 15 denier sheer
1 yds of 15 denier tricot
1 yds of 40 denier tricot
|BEST CRAFTSMANSHIP PRIZE PACKAGE|
Classic Vintage – Make a hat that is historically memorable to any time period!
Craftsy Sewing Vintage: The Flirty Day dress Class with Laura Nash
#LN1312 Tia dress pattern
8 HD video lessons with anytime anywhere access
3 hours of close up sewing instruction
Extra garment details include:
Make your own bias trim
Lapped zipper with a zipper facing
Vintage seam finishes
Easing a wide hem, using hem tape and hand stitching
Make your own petticoat without a pattern
|CLASSIC VINTAGE PRIZE PACKAGE|
SEWING DATES: Sewing begins now, and runs through Oct. 27th 2014
VOTING DATES: Oct 29, 2014- Nov. 7 2014
ELIGIBILITY: Everyone! National, International, Adults or Kids
- Go to sewchicpatterns.com. Click on the “free patterns” link. Download and print the Funnel Hat Pattern (make sure printer setting is set to “actual size”).
- Choose a category and make your hat to fit the chosen theme. Finish and photograph your hat before October 27th, 2014.
- Once your hat is complete, go to the company facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SewChicPatternCo and click “like.” You are now able to share a photo to this wall.
- Post a photo of your Funnel Hat by October 27th to the company facebook page. In the comments add the hash tags #sewchicpatterns and #------- (the category of your choice) ie: #highlywhimsical, #mostcreative, #bestcraftsmanship, #classicvintage.
|MODEL WEARING THE FUNNEL HAT WITH THE PHANTOM PATTERN|
- Send a photo to us by email to info@SewChicPatterns.com. with the category name in the subject line. Facebook prohibits prize winner notifications, so we will need your email.
- We encourage MORE photos posted to your own facebook page using the same hashtags. These hashtags become a clickable link where we can see all photos in one place. Do inform your followers to click “like” and vote!
7. After the deadline, on or before Oct 30th we will collect photos into 4 category albums and post a link with a URL to collect public votes. The public will decide the winner of each group based on number of votes.
- Voting begins on October 29th and will close on November 7, 2014.
- The winners will be announced publicly and privately through email on the company facebook page by November 10, 2014.
- Who is eligible? EVERYONE. And that includes kids!
DOWNLOAD THE PATTERN HERE: http://www.sewchicpatterns.com/free.html
DOWNLOAD THE RULES HERE: http://www.sewchicpatterns.com/images/hat_contest_rules.pdf
FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/SewChicPatternCo
Thank you in advance for your participation!